Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving! Thought I might get to relax a bit today, but I've managed to get Carolyn's business checking balance all screwed up. Just now got it in some semblance of order.

Carolyn is off to the store picking up a few last minute items for the feast.

The mockingbird was at Bojangle's yesterday waiting for a handout. He got part of my steak biscuit and for desert I gave him a piece of my apple-cinnamon biscuit. Actually, I had two of each biscuit... So goes the diet.

What we're really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving?
~Erma Bombeck, "No One Diets on Thanksgiving".

..........................................................................................

Today is another beautiful fall day with hazy blue skies and near 70 degree temp. Supposed to have thunder storms tonight and in the morning, then turning colder with snow flurries tomorrow night.

Forever on Thanksgiving Day
The heart will find the pathway home.
~Wilbur D. Nesbit

.........................................................................................

Thanks for leaving the nice comments, C. and Alice. And thanks Kathleen for the comment on my story. Thanks to Maggie for stopping by here and on Lord Bubbha's.

None is more impoverished than the one who has no gratitude. Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves, and spend without fear of bankruptcy.
~Fred De Witt Van Amburgh

No comments:

Blog Archive