Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday sundae

Friday I visited the RA doctor. She took blood pressure, temp, and examined my joints, shook her head with a couple of tut-tuts added, and then we spent a few minutes discussing the sad state of America's medical system. She makes a living, I got prescriptions to keep me thinking I am living, and the world turns. This time, she gave my shoulder joints a workout they haven't had in a long time. She raised my arms until I grimaced, then lowered them and again raised them. She did this several times, rotating my shoulder joints a bit more each time. I ended up having much discomfort the remainder of Friday and most of yesterday, so anything I did was in a half-hearted way. Even typing was a woeful experience.
----
I wasted an hour or so yesterday in front of the tv awaiting the giant tsunami to inundate Hawaii; it turned out more like a Fox News political debate; a non-event.
----
America voted for "real change" in the last presidential election, and Obama expected to help deliver that change. Actually, the people voted for someone whom was as non-Bush as possible and that was the only change they expected or wanted. They cared nothing about healthcare reform or which war (or set of same) we were fighting; all they wanted was to watch American Idol on tv, go out for a burger, and down a few beers with their friends without the sneaky-looking grin of George W. Bush constantly appearing on every tv screen in every place they went. People no longer want to be part of our government; they desire to keep the status quo and and to allow laissez faire to rule. If something does go wrong in government, people do not want to know about it; after all, they elected people whom promised them they would fix any problems that may arise. Our downfall continues.
----
I've concluded that as for Cable News Network (CNN) expert analysis goes, if a person has ever scratched his ass and can put together two or more words in a coherent form, he is considered an expert on diseases of the skin. By all means put him on the air!
----
Have a great Sunday!
----

2 comments:

Tammy said...

There are times when I really care about the future of our nation and other times when I just can't devote that much of my energy to it. It seems as though the government is run like a huge corporation and rarely do the little ideas make it to the top. It is easy to see why most folks just keep their heads down and plod along. This weather does nothing for my happy spirit. Lets see what the week brings.

Anonymous said...

We have so many communication conveniences at our finger tips now that instead of becoming more easily involved in government, they have allowed us to become detached from the system. It is pandemic, making pig flu seem more like a zit. I shouldn't complain, because I am one of the detached public even though I do "email" some of our leaders almost weekly.

Our weather is supposed to be nice this weekend coming, if you can call 60° nice.

Hope you soon have many butterflies to adorn your garden.

Thanks, Tammy.

Blog Archive