Monday, February 22, 2010

Meandering


Where the giant pitbull roams

I spent most of yesterday in bed with one problem or another; the weather was of course, wonderful. I am still feeling poorly today, but a bunch better than yesterday. I hope all of you had a fine Sunday.
----
Carolyn had to work yesterday, so she is cooking today; meatloaf and I don't know what all. She is a very good cook seeing as she doesn't measure anything ... just guesses. Most of the time it works out well, but some day I will tell you about the goofs.
----
The sky is cloudy, the air a bit moist, but the temperatures are mild. It will become worse as the week progresses.
----
My rounds of quarterly, semi-annual, and annual doctor visits begin this week and first is Friday with the RA doctor. She will take blood pressure, temp, and examine my joints, shake her head with a couple of tut-tuts added, and then we will spend a few minutes discussing the sad state of America's medical system. She makes a living, I get prescriptions to keep me thinking I am living, and the world turns.
----
Hope you have good weather for wash day!

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Hope you get to feeling better Ken. Sometimes I think my cooking is a reflection of my mood. If I'm not in the mood to cook or if I'm pissed at my family... bad things happen. I don't measure either unless I'm baking. It is nice that you have someone to cook for you. home cooked meals are good for the soul.

Now that the squirrels know that I "sometimes" put peanuts out I can't rid myself of them. They are just everywhere. I love them but wish they would take the hint. They are a bit pushy.

Its going to rain again followed by a cold snap. The sky is grey.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Tammy.

If I had to cook for myself, it would be peanut butter sandwiches and spaghetti on occasion. I can boil water with the best of them.

We bought 2 sacks of uncracked mixed nuts at Christmas; we ate part of one sack and the squirrels are just finishing off the last of both bags; I feed the nuts as treats in bad weather.

I cannot recall seeing a winter quite like this one. Hang in there; that Florida sunshine will return.

Anonymous said...

As for my cooking and the goofs, I think my husband would be the best storyteller.;-)
As for pitbull, there were accidents in Poland, so now if you want to have such dog you need a special permission of the municipal authority.
---
Nice to see Tammy here again. Regards to you both. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jola,

I would love the hear about your cooking goofs. :-)

Pitbulls are not allowed in some areas of US; they can be as loving as any dog but they can also be temperamental. They are still illegally used in pits for fighting and that is the saddest thing about them. :-(

Secret: The pitbull was actually penned behind the deck pickets on the 2nd floor porch, but he scared me into leaving just by barking. ;-)))

Mark said...

The problem with most pitbulls is that the owners have smaller brains than the dog does.

Anonymous said...

Joker. ;-)))
I'm going to my Podlasie. Bye.

Anonymous said...

True, Mark; sadly true.

Anonymous said...

You have a wonderful time in Podlasie, Jola. :-)

Blog Archive