Saturday, February 13, 2010

"... a time to plant, and a time to pluck ..."


“Inward calm cannot be maintained unless
physical strength is constantly and intelligently
replenished.”

~Prince Gautama Siddharta (Buddha)


I again apologize for the uncalled for personal rant. The heck of it is I don't know when I may again go off the deep end, so I think it best I suspend my daily blogging for a time. I've been doing Loose Laces nearly every day for almost three years, and I do not feel one bit burned out. Most of you have been with me for at least a year, and some of you far longer. You helped see me through my illness nearly two years ago, and have been inspirational for me when the RA was hitting me hardest. You were with both Carolyn and myself when she was close to death last year. I dearly appreciate each of you and your kindness; you all have been my mentors and best of all, my friends. Last year I said in one of my posts that I would be tested within the next year and I would be graded by the way I handle the coming stresses. I seem to have failed enough of these trials so it is now time for me to step back and reassess myself, my motives, and my actions. I will still post when I have something to say, and I will be hanging around other places on the net such as your blogs, Megashot and Flickr. Oh, yes; I will continue writing short stories and still hope to put a book together. Writing is one area where I feel re-invigorated and I am enjoying the creative process, so I will turn more of it to the stories. I am also going to make some more photos if it ever becomes springtime; I still have the burning desire when I see your photos or hold my camera in my hands. Later, y'all.
----
Wherefore I perceive that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him?
~Book of Ecclesiastes, Chapter 3, Verse 22, Hebrew Bible
♥♥♥♥

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peace, Ken. You are my precious friend. I understand your decision and I appreciate your frankness. Peace.

xo … (as always) :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola, and peace to you my friend.
I will be lurking around. :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark said...

Well I guess I missed a hell of a post Saturday. Sometimes just stepping away from the computer for a while is a good thing. It can help to re-evaluate things a bit. Not much else too say.

Find some peace.

Anonymous said...

I was pissed at my family ... as usual. I'll be back soon,

Thanks, Mark. :-)

Blog Archive