Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Squeakin'


Roan Mt. North Carolina

It just goes to show; the squeaky wheel does get the grease. Thank all of you for connecting with me on Facebook. I shall attempt to uphold the code of bullshitters everywhere, and to post as much meaningless drivel as mind and time allows.
----
My test copy of Windows7 is about to begin its death throes. On Sunday it will automatically begin warning me that I have 14 more days of usage before it begins shutting down every two hours. The need for reboots will continue until June 1 when the OS will become useless. I will have to purchase a $300 copy of the system if I desire to run Carolyn's business accounting program, or I can buy a $200 copy but will then have to get a new copy of the Quickbooks program which costs $125. Actually, the price for Quickbooks isn't bad compared to what it used to be; $300 to $400 per copy. But, there is no way Windows7 in any flavor is worth more than $50 for an upgrade and no more than $75 for full retail. It is already found to be full of bugs and Internet Explorer is fast but still not secure compared to Firefox. I have a couple of copies of Windows XP that are not being used so I will try to install one of them. It is a hassle to do so, as Microsoft will most likely make me phone them and get a new install number and I cannot hear well enough to put up with or understand their crap. I still use Ubuntu Linux, but there is no comparable program for that platform which will do bookkeeping in an automated and easy way. The Gimp photo editor is highly effective, but it is nowhere as easy to use as is Paintshop Pro. Looks like this weekend is going to be a busy one.$
----
Not much else going on here except it is snowin' and blowin' like crazy. Supposed to get down to around 0°F (-18°C) tonight. My project today is to clean the oven; how hard can that be?
----
Wednesday is a good day to be nice of yourself; do it up right!
----
A merry heart doeth good like medicine.
~The Book of Proverbs, Chapter 17, verse 22, Hebrew Bible.
----

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love if you are writing about computer on your blog because there is nothing clear for me.;-)))

As for the oven ... I hate clean the oven. You are great, my friend.:-)

Anonymous said...

LOL! Not much clear to me either except Windows is way too expensive.

We have a self-cleaning gas oven, so the task wasn't too difficult. ;-)

Thanks, Jola.

Blog Archive