Friday, February 26, 2010

This-'n'-that


A kiss is just a kiss, but ya gotta love the shirt

Everything seems to be flowing smoothly with the XP install. The problem I am having with a Seagate external e-sata drive is related to the drive itself, although it seems to work fine on Linux. The drive also has a usb connector and it works very well through it, but transfer rates are extremely slow compared to e-sata. When I purchased this drive, I did so for its ability to work on e-sata as advertised, with a mind on the future when I would build a new pc with e-sata ports; the future is now. Seagate knows the problem is present, but has done nothing to fix it. Of course at my age, most things are faster than me. I found a work around on the net and will give it a try.
----
Megashot.net is coming along very well, with many new features being added or will soon be added. I don't know how fast it will be when it begins receiving a lot of hits (views), but right now I don't know of a speedier photo site on the net. This is largely due to the "cloud" servers Cyrus is using and also the site is built around Chrome and Firefox browsers. Chrome is particularly fast there.
----
I am getting ready to go to the doctor, but I may not get my shot because I forgot to have my blood work done. C'est la vie.
----
Carolyn is in bed due to a bad cold or maybe flu; she is the worlds greatest procrastinator. Each year she puts off getting a flu vaccine and then when her annual bout of sickness comes, she swears "it won't be like this next year", but it always is. A flu vaccination costs around $35, but a trip to her doctor will cost her around $100 plus meds.
----
Have a Friday to remember ... a good Friday!
----



No comments:

Blog Archive