Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sun and snow

Tammy emailed me a photo of sunflowers from her garden; one day last week when I was whining on the blog about feeling badly she took pity on me. Thanks, Tammy; they brightened my day.
----
The snow has stopped for a while at least; still supposed to be ratty for a couple more days and it will be Friday before the temps crawl just above the freezing mark. We seem to have layers of snow and ice but this old boy ain't going outside to find out. Mark says his side of the hill got only an inch of snow but they were predicting freezing rain for this morning. I can already tell that evening twilight is coming a bit later. The earth's orbit carried it closest to the sun about a week ago, but I can't feel that any extra warmth helped my aching bones.
----
Hope the people in Queensland can brave through the disaster of the recent flooding and now the super-flash flood.
----
"Gimme a 'T' for Tuesday, gimme a 'T' for Tennessee ..."
Have a Tuesday, my friends.
----


No comments:

Blog Archive