Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Niggling and nagging

Today's photo is a processed version of the original. Yesterday's photo is a b/w converted (obviously) copy and has been mirrored. I made this photo in 2007 with my Canon S3 IS camera and it was picked for publication in a Swedish language magazine in, where else, Sweden. I've always liked the photo, but something niggling about about it kept nagging at me; I just could not figure what it was. I previously converted it to b/w and published it on Flickr and on my Blogspot blog, but it wasn't a full cup of coffee for me. A few months back, I was looking at some photos on Megashot's Critique Forum and saw where Cyrus suggested to someone that they mirror their photo and he had a mirrored copy of it below the original. That is when it hit me and I started digging through my college photography class notes and there it was: "See your photograph in every possible way; like a book, it should read from left to right". Thanks Cyrus for jogging my memory. Since I read the critique, I have been scrutinizing every photo I work with and have mirrored a lot of them, and I now consider the Tomatoes photo as being complete.
----
Finally got my shot yesterday, my nose is healing, I haven't gained any weight in the past year, and life could be a lot worse. On the flip side, I still have to get the shots, my nose is itching, I haven't lost any weight in the past year, and life could be a lot better. Balance.
----
Same old rhetoric from a same old political talking head tonight as President Obama tells his side of the story in the annual State of the Union address to our beloved Congress. He should have been out talking the talk and walking the walk for the past two years; if he is going to a president of the people, he surely needs to show us he is one of the people. Tell us the truth, Mr. President.
----
Have a--damn, it's Tuesday already--great day, my friends.
----

No comments:

Blog Archive