Sunday, January 23, 2011

Reading

I've been feeling pretty good for a few days, but the way things have been going, I will get over it. Plenty of sunshine today; enough that I sat on the porch for a brief time.
----
Have any of you read Steg Larsson's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? I purchased the Kindle version from Amazon and I've read that it is a pretty good book. Along with a paper copy of The Birch Grove and Other Stories written by Jaroslaw Iwaszkiewicz, I am reading Ubik: A Novel by Phillip K Dick; it is on the Droid/Kindle. The Birch Grove has only four stories and I am in the middle of the third one, the title story. The first story, A New Love, is very short and very good. The second tale, The Wilco Girls, is not quite as good but is still worth the time to absorb it. The Birch Grove story is turning into a very good read. I also have A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court loaded on the Droid in the Google reader. I read it many years ago and I liked it a lot, even though it was probably written for young adults. It was written by Mark Twain and is quite funny as only he could write such a tale. Ubik: A Novel is as weird and twisted as only a master writer can put on paper.
----
The pic is old but it is still one of my favorites that I've done. I generally don't care for sepia toning, but here for some reason it works for me.
----
Have a wonderful week upcoming!
----

No comments:

Blog Archive