Friday, January 21, 2011

Bobbing along

My grandma's only vice was listening to Hank on the radio
----
Surprise! We again have snow on the ground! Not a lot, but too much of anything is enough. The temp is to remain well below freezing today and barely crawl above the frosty point for the weekend. I will go out and get my shot today and will probably stay in until I have to go again or the temps get into porch sitting warmth, whichever comes first. Carolyn is sick and I will have to drive myself to the docs office. Driving is not much of a problem; it is walking from the parking lot to the office and back that is almost becoming terrifying; at my weight and if my knee should fail and I go down, the thump will most likely set off car alarms.
----
Looks like Chris and Kevin will be moving in with us at month's end.
----
I generally begin my robin watch in mid-February, but they snuck in by early February last year so this time i will begin watching next Friday, the 28th. Who the hell do I think I am fooling? I can't sit still for ten minutes without looking through the window at the front lawn to see if any orange breasts are "bob-bob-bobbing along"; even in the skiff of snow. BTW: "snuck" is accepted good usage and can replace "sneaked" as a past tense of "sneak" in USA. It is an example of local dialect that has become common in all but business communications.
----
Our friend Mark is wanting to become a homeowner; pipe and slippers, a good dog, and a roaring fire on the hearth. Let's all hope for the best for him as he is wanting to get away from the apartment life and have something to call his own. It is one of the major life events and with some planning, research, and advice from people such as his parents, he should do well. Good luck, my friend.
----
Have a fantabulous Friday and weekend, dear friends.


No comments:

Blog Archive