Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Reading, writing, and politics

I am down to reading two books, according to my mood. I began The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo evening before last. I've read four chapters and the one thing that troubles me is a plethora of characters are being developed along with a story line and plot. It is a good book so far and will make a very good read if it doesn't become over populated with character mannerisms. I've also had to (didn't have to but thought it was best) do a bit of research on Sweden's financial relationships with Eastern Europe and Poland in particular when Bolsheviks lost control with the fall of communism. I found that Sweden and Germany seemed to be the two main players in the attempt to make the former Soviet Bloc nations into capitalist societies. France, Italy, Switzerland, and England were also highly involved. The articles were interesting reading on their own. Anyway, with the background and what I've so far read in the book; this looks to be an involved and convoluted mystery. It is supposedly based on fact.
----
It is 12:45pm and the rain has just changed over to snow. I had my doc's appointment rescheduled for nest month; my schnoz is fine and the scar is nice and pink; it will soon turn snow white. If it looks too bad, I can comb my mustache up over it.
----
"As the President said last night, the most important contest we face as a nation is not between our political parties – it's a contest among our competitors across the globe for the jobs and industries of the future. It’s about winning the future.
To win that contest, we must out-innovate, out-educate and out-build the rest of the world.  We must take responsibility for our deficit and reform the way government works, so that it’s leaner, smarter and better equipped to meet the challenges of the 21st century."


The above is from an email propaganda which I received from the president's press secretary. All I can say is he better concentrate on fixing the problems at home before he saves us from the world. He should have jumped off his bipartisan horse when the Republicans treated him the way they did over medical reform. He needs to kick some corporate ass and grab some political  short-hairs. Make these jerks state their true case in public and point out every inconsistency in their words and actions. When Obama gets some control of our domestic fiasco, he can concentrate on our place in the world markets. He must move decisively and quickly.
----
Have a good'un, my friends.
----

No comments:

Blog Archive