Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dumbed weekend

I am and I feel very distracted this weekend; as if nothing will hold still long enough for my mind to focus on it; probably tax burnout syndrome.
----
In a few minutes, I shall abandon the PC for the porch where my bride will give me a haircut; my last one was in late summer or early autumn. She is a dangerous woman when she has sharply-pointed scissors in her grasp.
----
I have it bad! I even dreamed about robins last night! I dreamed I was out shooting and came upon a huge puddle that had robins bathing and there were many ring billed sea gulls around! The temps were very mild yesterday and promise to be better today; of course I was stuck inside doing more year-end taxes and will have to do more today; they must be sent to their respective destinations before Tuesday!
----
Being out shooting is becoming only a dream In just a year it has gone from three-to-four-times each week downward to none since late October. The knee has forced me to stay home so much that now I don't look forward to getting out. I hope a dose of warm spring will cure that malady.
----
Today on TV, I plan to watch the Lady Vols play a good Arkansas team; I am torn between watching the game and getting out shooting. I still need to stay here where I can get some work done, as does Carolyn.
----
At 2:00 this morning I finished reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. As do most mystery thrillers, the book deals with sex and murder. It is a long tome and could easily have been divided into two novels as their are two separate story lines and two protagonists, although these two characters intertwine their lives to solve a mystery. If you ask, I will tell you all I know about the mystery except I will not tell how Harriet Vanger died and how her brother, Martin, died; you must find that on your own. One important clue told at the beginning of the mystery solving is ignored throughout the book and is mentioned again only in passing after the fact. This is poor plotting on the part of the author because he goes into needless detail about other things while ignoring the obvious; he and the reader would have been better served if he had never mentioned it. Hint: flowers.
----
Have a nice week, my friends.
----

No comments:

Blog Archive