Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Nose, tax, and Celtic lore


The beauty-marring scab came off my schnoz last night. I stopped reading at about midnight and not being able to quickly drop into the arms of my gentle sleep goddess,* I began working at my nose. In just a few minutes the scab came away and now I have a huge gaping cleft on my nostril. I shall forever more wear a sack over my head when I venture into public places. Oh, the shame; the shame!

I finally had to down half a Xanax and then slept well until seven this morning; now my nose is sore and swollen, there are boogers inside that need to be plucked out, and I cannot get my finger in there to do any work. Can you say "frustration", boys and girls?
----
Carolyn has taken Ashley to the pregnancy doctor; today we should find out if the baby is a boy or a girl; hope it isn't a Republican.
----
I am working on taxes and will be doing so off-and-on for several weeks. My blogging may be sporadic even as my ignorance stays fairly constant. I have no photos of consequence to upload, so I will leave you with a bit of music from my ancestral home.
----
Have a Tuesday!
----
*Caer Ibormeith - In Irish mythology, Caer Ibormeith was a daughter of Prince Ethal Anbuail of Sid Uamuin in Connacht. Every alternate Samhain she would change into a swan, in which form she would remain for a year before becoming human again the following Samhain. She eventually married Aengus of the Tuatha de Dannan, but first he had to pick her out, in swan form, from a group of one hundred and fifty other swans at Loch Bel Dragon (Now Lough Muskry  in the Galtees.) Having chosen correctly, he turned into a swan himself and they flew away, to the fortress of the River Boyne at Drogheda, singing beautiful music that put all its listeners asleep for three days and nights. With Aengus, Caer was the foster-mother of Diarmuid.


No comments:

Blog Archive