Thursday, December 02, 2010

Spittin' into the wind

Most of the time the world is just plain shitty, but other times it sheds its everyday crappiness and becomes Super-stooly. Ashley was fired from her job of two years because she missed a few days from being extremely nauseous; her boss basically told her she didn't need the hassle of a pregnant employee. Newly pregnant by a live-in boyfriend who won't work and has to report to jail for two weeks incarceration beginning tomorrow for probation violation (drugs). No job, no insurance, no car, and her boyfriend's father living in their apartment; he was recently fired from his job as a taxi driver for being drunk and demolishing one of the company cabs in a wreck. Chris still has no job but does have prospects of one, and her boyfriend has found only temp work. JJ's seasonal work is over until spring and we have him to support. Carolyn and I recently lost another $600/month net income yet all this is falling back on us; she and I are stretched and stressed to the limit financially and, more importantly, emotionally. I think it is a big part of why both of us are suffering rapidly failing health. For the past month and one-half I have been using the Droid for internet, along with borrowed time from a neighbor. I did buy a net connection with very limited megabytes of usage for the pc, but JJ uses most of it for his entertainment; the limit ran out on November 26 but was renewed December first. If I do not upload many photos, it is because of my limited megabytes/month. Carolyn has gone now to buy nausea medication for Ashley and a bit of food to last her a couple of days.
----
I ate a double dose of Xanax last night and had a nice, chemically induced nine hours of sleep. At least today I am wide awake to enjoy vagaries of existence.
----
Sorry to annoy y'all with my personal problems, but they seem to be all the life I have outside this virtual world. In warm weather I generally go outside to the porch and pout, but man it sure ain't warm here. Yesterday the temp never got above freezing and as ratty as that is, it is still mild compared to what parts of Europe are going through. Jola says it is around 0ºF in Poland, and John in England has been housebound for several days due to a snowstorm.
----
The Megashot November contest winners have been announced and I will try to place links to YouTube videos tomorrow; be sure to see them on YouTube in full screen.
----
Have a Thursday, dear people.
----

No comments:

Blog Archive