Monday, December 06, 2010

Dingos

Style, man

Okay; I have been a hypocrite ... again. Awhile back I was complaining about fashionable jeans and the prices thereof. I now must clear a bit of clutter from my conscience and admit to being a fashionable guy during one short period of my life. For me it was boots; yes, a silly pair of cowboy boots that I just had to have. It was back in the day when I worshiped idols, and who better for a southern gentleman to worship than Joe Willie Namath, the Hero of Super Bowl III and All-American quarterback from the University of Alabama. Joe Willie was The Man! He was on TV advertising a new boot style from Tennessee's own Acme Boot Company; Dingos! Joe Willie was a regular swinging dick in New York City and everywhere he went; a living legend of the times and of his sexual prowess. I first saw the boots on a TV commercial and decided I would like a pair of them, but it took an ad in Playboy magazine to convince me that I had to have a pair. I was working in Charleston, West Virginia at the time, and in the little strip mall where I had my evening meal was a man's clothing store with a pair of Joe Willie Dingos displayed in the front window. I don't remember the price but it wasn't important; I dug into my emergency "mad money" and bought myself a pair of fine leather boots. I considered myself as the swinging dick of little Charleston, a small city that is home of the state capitol and hundreds of lovely women whom work for various government agencies. A few weeks later and at the same store, I completed my wardrobe with a pair of white bell-bottom jeans, Tennessee Volunteer orange shirt, and a white necktie! In honor of Joe Willie, I also bought an Alabama Crimson Tide red shirt. My black belt seemed as wide as the one Santa Claus wears and it sported a brass "Keep on Truckin'" buckle that was big and heavy enough to use as a weapon and I had to incorporate it as such in a different city, but that is another story. The local bands were playing and singing "Proud Mary", "ABC", "Hey There Lonely Girl", and all the biggies of the day. I bought and used a curling iron/comb to put a bit of wave and body in my straight, long locks. "There never was a horse like the Tennessee Stud", and in 1970, I felt like rounding my fillies! I have photos of myself to verify this tale, but you shall never see them as long as I live.
----
Have a Worsh Day!
----


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheapest Auto Insurance The Cheapest Auto Insurance I have ever seen is 19 dollars a month. It was Liability only and the driver check their bolgs for great info.

Anonymous said...

test

Anonymous said...

I had to check if I still remember my password. ;-)
Oh, I still like your old blog!

Anonymous said...

I like this blog a bit better but as you can see, it gets plenty of spam almost every day. :-(
Thanks, my friend. :-)

Blog Archive