Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Campaign theme song


I'm pushing this song to Mark's official campaign song as he journeys on his way to being elected President of the United States of America!
Every campaign begins somewhere and a rousing chorus of A Hot Time In The Old Town Tonight might get voters off their lethargic asses and onto their feet (hopefully not as a lynch mob!)
----
Verse 1:
Come along get you ready, wear your bran, bran new gown,
For dere's gwine to be a meeting in that good, good old town,
Where you knowed ev'ry body, and they all knowed you,
And you've got a rabbits foot to keep away the hoodoo;
Where you hear that the preaching does begin,
Bend down low for to drive away your sin
And when you gets religion, you want to shout and sing
There'll be a hot time in the old town tonight!
My baby -
Chorus:
When you hear dem a bells go ding, ling ling,
All join 'round and sweetly you must sing
When the verse am through, in the chorus all join in,
There'll be a hot time in the old town tonight.
Verse 2:
There'll be girls for ev'ry body in that good, good old town,
For dere's Miss Consola Davis an dere's Miss Gondolia Brown;
And dere's Miss Johanna Beasly she am dressed all in red,
I just hugged her and I kissed her and to me then she said:
Please, oh please, oh, do not let me fall,
You're all mine and I love you best of all,
And you must be my man, or I'll have no man at all,
There'll be a hot time in the old town tonight!
My baby -


No comments:

Blog Archive