Wednesday, December 08, 2010

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination"

"Dandy" Don Meredith died. The quarterback played college football for Southern Methodist University and went on to play for several years in the National Football League with the Dallas Cowboys. He was a commentator on the first ever Monday Night Football game on ABC TV, along side another football legend, Frank Gifford, and lawyer/journalist Howard Cosell. Meredith was a dandy foil for Cosell's bombastic and uppity demeanor. They made a great comedy team and Cosell gave Meredith the nickname of 'Dandy" and I still remember Meredith as "Dandy Don".
----
After all the confessing and repenting of the past two days, I think I will take a day off from writing; just a few notes.
Alice: I remember Fred's pink shirt and I remember some kidding he endured over it. I also remember his perpetual cowboy boots.
I wore my Dingos for many years until finally they became everyday wear in winter. By the time I finally gave them to Jerry, they were scuffed, very scroungy looking, had drops of blue paint on them, and had been re-heeled and re-soled. I wore them into the early 1990's.
I still have never owned a real suit. I have an orange/white/silver-colored clip-on necktie; seldom used. I never learned to knot a necktie and I will not wear a doofus bow-tie.
I've worn the same pair of black New Balance sneakers for seven years.
I no longer wear jeans; too hard to button and I will not wear the goat-gagging ones that don't use a belt but have a piece of rubber sewn into the waistband.
----
Title quote by John Lennon.
----
May no wanion beset you on this Wonderful Wednesday!
----

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lot of information about how to get cheap auto insurance? Getting your first car insurance policy may not be a priority but it should be. Car insurance protects one of your first investments, your car. But car insurance can be complicated and often new car insurance shoppers fail to compare car insurance rates and in turn fail to reap the financial benefits of finding the best and affordable car insurance available to them. Information here is great. Love to come back again.

Blog Archive