Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Medified

Had heart doc appointment at 8:40 this morning; got to see the doc at 10:15. The Droid/Kindle saved the day while I waited. He said I better lose some weight; I've gained seven pounds (3.18kg) since August. Back to carrot sticks and celery and unsweetened green tea. Got to drastically cut salt intake. Shoot me.
----
After heart doc, I had blood work done for RA doc. My orders were all messed up so I got to sit and have a long chat with the phlebotomist. After much thoughtful discussion, we reached an agreement to the effect that it is cold, windy, and snowing outside. She asked me why I wasn't wearing a coat and I told her I was physically unable to rotate my shoulders enough to put on a coat. To put one on--or even a button-up shirt--I have to hang it in a manner where I can back up to it and manage to get both arms started into the sleeves at the same time. Then, I have to do the hootchy-kootchy to get it shrugged onto my shoulders. It just isn't worth the trouble so most of the winter time when I am outdoors, it is sans coat. Getting the coat off is even worse a problem. I have been been acting crazy like this for the past 20 years, but I have been feeling the bite of cold for the past two winters. I suppose I will start wearing some of the slew of pull-over sweaters from the closet, however only in a "have to" case.
----
Carolyn and Chris went to baby-clothes stores yesterday. Jeez!
----
Have a warm Wednesday, dear chilluns.
----

No comments:

Blog Archive