Tuesday, December 21, 2010

0:00

Length of Day:
9h 41m
Tomorrow will be 0m 0s shorter


One ingredient I forgot to include for chili is water, however I prefer using beer for the last couple of "waterings". The alcohol will evaporate but the taste of the hops will remain; you can fool yourself into a hangover.
----
Mark sent me an email last evening asking if I was planning to see the lunar eclipse. I set an alarm on the Droid to wake me up, which it did, but the sky was overcast and no moon to be seen. I bet the dark side of the moon was really dark during earth's shadowing. I've seen several lunar eclipses in the past, the best one was when a bunch of us were camping at Watauga Lake back in the day.
----
Carolyn is off to store to buy her beef for Christmas pot roast and fixings to make more dressing; I never get enough of the dressing. She makes it just as did my grandmother and mother; delicious with any meal, and very good with cranberry sauce. We have many mouths to feed and that is one thing I like about Christmas; all the family can get together and fight instead of doing it over the phone and by email.
----
Hopefully the weather will hold so Jeremy, Courtney, Remy, and Bubba can get here, but the forecast is not promising.
----
Happy Solstice, my friends!!!
----


2 comments:

Maggie said...

The story is just the right length! And well written and fun.
I suppose it could be added to by some of the rest of the characters in the town. I think this is what King does to make his stories so long. He includes and develops many characters. I often loose the story line in his stuff and wonder ... now who the heck is this person?
Your short stories book should be growing in size. :-)
I like the easy read and homour in this one.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Maggie.
You are the only one who has admitted to reading the story.
Yep, King's stories are well told and he is a character driven writer for the most part. Like you say, I do get lost with some of his characters at times. :-)

Blog Archive