Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ode to a 'stache

This morning
Glad I grew the mustache; it is a wonderful corruption-catcher for my nose wound; keeps the crap from running into my mouth. Not to mention it is a great snot filter. To top that, I never have to wonder what I had for supper two days ago; a flick of my tongue-tip to my brush gives me week's menu.
----
Weather-wise, this month has been an entire winter rolled into 16 days. Rain, sleet, snow, freezing rain, 0°F temp yesterday morning, and some cold sunshine. Still two months until weather brings its first promise of spring, when the robins bloom and the flowers sing; apple blossoms and honey bees; April showers and scented trees; grass so green to startle my eye, puffy clouds in warming skies; purples and reds and yellow flowers too, a rainbow cast of all soft hues; birds on high and bugs below, fresh mowed lawns to and fro; so fresh the season of earthly art, 'tis Nature's blessing for an old man's heart.
----
Thursday, December 16 2010; Solstice minus five. Have a good one, my friends.
----

No comments:

Blog Archive