Sunday, April 26, 2009

Tweets


Yesterday was a bad day healthwise; Carolyn's and my RA was flaring up. We went riding to Dennis Cove and on across Walnut Mt. and back down to Watauga Lake at Fish Springs. I made but few photos, and nothing of particular importance. At least the conversation was interesting. While parked overlooking the lake, Carolyn asked "How do lakes form?". "This one?", I replied. "Yes", she said. "The TVA built a dam across the Watauga river", I said. We have visited and picnicked at the dam many times! Then she asked "Do you reckon there are sharks in the lake?" "No, I don't reckon there are", I said. "I've never heard of anyone seeing one or being eaten by one." She said "You never know ... ." I said "Let's go swimming; you go in and check the water temperature and if it isn't too cold, I will join you. She exclaimed, "Hah! You just want me to be eaten by a shark!"

Sometimes life is so lonely.
----
Chris is moving in with us today. She cannot exist on mimimum wage and live alone. I wish she would get her barber's license back; she had a good clientele and was doing well, but one day she just quit.
----
A friend of ours from back when has died at age 53; cancer. She was a nurse at the hospital, and a very sweet person. We will miss you, Jildo.
----
Remember a few days ago when I said I didn't want another Twitter account? My friend jikido-san sent me an invite to tweet at him, so I am. Thanks, my friend, but be prepared to have yourself bored silly because I have very little to tweet about.
----
The Smoking Gun's Mugshots of the Week!

Powered by ScribeFire.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice conversation. I'm smiling. You both have special sense of humor.

Btw, how do lakes form? ;-)

Anonymous said...

She wasn't kidding! ;-)))

Anonymous said...

So if really not, she is a lovely woman. :-))

Anonymous said...

Very!
Thanks, Jola. :-)

Blog Archive