Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dogwood winter


We seem to be going through our dogwood winter, but I have yet to get a shot of dogwood blossoms this spring. They are in full bloom here in the lowlands (1750'/533m) and hopefully they will be enough flowering in the mountains for a few photos come weekend when the temps are supposed to rise close to 80°f (26°c). The trees that are blooming seem to be fuller than the past two springs. After dogwood winter passes, we should have at least one more cold snap when blackberries bloom, and it seems there is another chilly time but I cannot remember what my granny called it or when it should be happening.
----
Not a lot of goings-on here in paradise today; Carolyn has gone to her hairdresser and the drugstore. If someone would invent a drive through hair salon, she would be one of the first customers.
----
The political world is just too quiet; something more sinister than usual must be taking shape in Washington.
----
A Freddie Mac big-wig has killed himself; maybe it will start a trend among such types. One can only hope. Maybe in the next giveaway package something like that where the top company officers must commit suicide will be included as a condition of receiving funds. It should somewhat appease the populace. I know I would be tickled.
----
Looks like Twitter is the big rage in the geek online communications world. I tried it but could come up with only one follower and that one soon left me hanging, so I canceled my account. Does everyone need to know what everyone else is doing every minute of every day? Ever? I can see where the service could be handy, especially for companies and for people that really do need to share their whereabouts and happenings with others, but as a social tool, it pretty much sucks. To tell the truth though, I like Twitter better than Facebook and Myspace. The only social service online that I use is Flickr, and when you share a photograph you at least have something to talk about. I tweet no more!
----



Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

Mark said...

It is crazy how Twitter has gone so wild. It seems a little excessive if you ask me. I do not think we need to be that connected to everything little thing going on.

Anonymous said...

I may use it again one day, but I just don't socialize very much on the net, except for Flickr.

Blog Archive