Thursday, April 23, 2009

Flickr in black and white


Those group pools on Flickr are sometimes so frustrating. I will tell the ones that once allowed black and white photos but no longer do so: If you cannot appreciate the beauty of grayscale photos, then you cannot appreciate the art of photography in particular, and any other art medium in general. I once joined a landscape group that had some very nice grayscale photos, but now they do not allow them. Everything there is beginning to look very similar, mundane, and with little collective creativity. It is not the fault of the photographers, rather it is the narrow mindedness of a few administrators and members. A good black and white landscape is much more dramatic than any color photo.
----
This morning squirrels were hanging on both my sunflower seed feeders; the one pictured seems to be nursing babies. I need a few more fuzzy-butt tree rats to feed. I generally plink them off the feeders with a well placed shot from my BB pistol, but today I allowed them to eat their fill. I am such a good guy!
----
Not much going on here except Carolyn is preparing the den to be returned to a bed room. She is also collecting "stuff" for a yard sale she will have within the next few weeks.
----

Powered by ScribeFire.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a good guy! ;-))

Such photos and scenes move (touch) me so much. All these critters are so delicate; they have own life, a bit mysterious.
God gave us such gift, that we can think about all these things, and admire them. Very often people forget that Earth and our Life are simply perfect. Perfect and beautiful and this fact – for us, people - should be enough reason to be happy.

Your post inspired me, Ken, and I became a bit pathetic.

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much, Jola. You are so correct about life being perfect, but at times it seems that humans are bound and determined to re-create it in their own image.

You are never pathetic, if that is the word you intended to use. You are one of the best people I know, and I dearly appreciate having you for a friend.

Anonymous said...

It's such Polish word (and Latin): patetyczny. So I thought that the same is in English. I was not correct; it's quite different word in English.
I thought rather about words: exalted, solemn.
Sorry for my mistake. I should be more careful.

It's beautiful morning in Warsaw, sunny, green, only o bit cold. I hope your Sunday in Tennessee, in Jonesborough will be also so nice, so perfect.

Pa, my dear friend.

Anonymous said...

I knew what you meant, even if the word wasn't perfect. :-)

I was on the porch early this morning; we are having near record high temperatures here with beautiful skies..

Hope you have a great time in the country today! :-)))

Pa, Jola. :-)

Blog Archive