Monday, April 06, 2009

Redbud winter






This week seems like it will be taken by "redbud winter". We are to have cool to cold temps for the next three days with rain and snow, but it is not unusual for the season. We should have another cold spell when dogwoods are close to full bloom, and another but milder one as blackberries bloom. A lot of folks say these cold periods are just coincidences coming at the same time as certain plants make blossoms, but I know for a fact that over the many years I can remember, there have been very, very few springs that the timing was off or that the cold did not come at all.
----
The missed RA shots are now taking their toll as I am barely able to walk, and it is a major effort to stand upright from a sitting position. It will get worse for a few days, and then the medicine will slowly kick in and I should be as well as I'm going to be in a couple more weeks. Yesterday was the prettiest day of this young spring season so far, and I was unable to go out shooting. A big portion of the photos made at Cades Cove on Saturday last were shot from the car window. Even in misery, I am still very lovable!
----
If the UConn women win the NCAA National Championship in basketball, I will be the first to say it is the best female team ever assembled. My hat is off to the coaching staff that recruited these great players, and to the young women players whom leave it all on the hardwood each and every game.
----




Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

Mark said...

It will be 45 here tomorrow morning. Cold for this time of year. Nice for me.

I would be shocked if Uconn lost.
It is an amazing run they are on.

Anonymous said...

We have snow this morning.

Blog Archive