Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Just the facts, lady


It must be pretty cold out, but I'm sure not sticking my head outside to find out, at least until I have to drive Carolyn to Fall Branch and Boone's Creek this evening. I awoke to a smidgen of snow on the ground this morning, and we are to have a hard freeze tonight. It will probably ruin the hostas for this year, but hopefully they will recover. The squirrels are staying busy carrying extra leaves to their nests and the small birds all have their feathers fluffed to conserve warmth.

I hope I will be able to drive to the work places this evening; the RA has me by the neck, literally. Although there are other places that hurt worse, the stiff, sore neck aggravates me more than anything; there is no getting comfortable. The years of pain and despair have served to make me that much more adorable.
----
I won a few bucks on the championship game last evening. I don't understand why I do so well on the college basketball picks and so sorry on everything else.
----
I understand the schism between the Republicans and Democrats has widened a lot because of Obama's policies. It is about time the Dems are standing together; they were so lame and wishy-washy when Bush was in office that it was pathetic to see them place their "reserved" seal of approval on everything he wanted.

Here are some interesting facts about our US congressional members:

  • 36 have been accused of spousal abuse
  • 7 have been arrested for fraud
  • 19 have been accused of writing bad checks
  • 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
  • 3 have done time for assault
  • 71, repeat; 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
  • 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
  • 8 have been arrested for shoplifting
  • 21 currently are defendants in lawsuits
  • 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year

God bless America!
----
I still haven't finished the taxes!
----



Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Having a stiff neck plain sucks. I actually got rid of my fancy office chair at work and am now using a simple chair. My neck feels much better sitting in a regular four legged chair.

It is a good thing our leaders set such great examples.

Blog Archive