Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Happy happy; joy joy


Happy Happy; Joy Joy!!
Our income taxes are finally finished. At 12:02 pm this day, I scratched my butt and picked my nose for the last time while looking at our 2008 Federal tax forms on the monitor! To clarify, I have our taxes done; I have yet to do Chris's 1040 and possibly one other person's. but the biggie is over with.
----
Congrats to the University of Connecticut women's basketball team and coaches. You are the best ever; period!
----
Some folks whom like to allow the government to hold onto their income tax money for a year so they can receive a big refund are crying about the Obama tax cut! It means they will get back less next year. All they have to do is file a new form W-4 with their employer and have extra money withheld from each paycheck. Personally, I do not want anyone controlling even a little bit of my already sparse funds. As a sole proprietor, Carolyn has to estimate her taxes each year in April, and adjust them each quarter as income fluctuates. When I figure her estimates, I try to get them as close to even as possible, and usually within $200 either way. I've found that getting the huge refund like some folk do is akin to attending a huge orgy once a year; a short period of ultimate intercourse and then having to do without for another year. I'll take mine a little piece at a time, thank you!
----
When are nations going to begin protecting their maritime assets from Somali pirates? Place a few US Marines aboard each vessel that goes near African waters and have them shoot first and ask questions later. Let the vessel and cargo owners pay the US for these services; it should be much cheaper than losing an entire freighter to the bastard pirates or to pay a hefty ransom just to have it again boarded and hijacked the next time it ventures close to Africa.
----


Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Congrats to Uconn. Quite amazing the run they had this year. It is actually hard to imagine a team so dominate in college sports.

As for the pirates it is a disgrace they get away with the thinhs they do. I say arm the ships and when a few pirates are shot to death it will end. I am not for violence but these guys need to understand if they want to play they stand a chance to die.

Anonymous said...

Dominate is the word!

The pirate problem is perplexing. No easy answer except wipe out world poverty.

Blog Archive