Friday, April 17, 2009


I understand that some higher Texas powers are suggesting the state secede from the United States and revert to its formal self; the Republic of Texas. I have only one thing to say about that or to any other state that desires to not be a part of the whole; Goodbye!

The right of limited Federal government and the basis for strong state government was given up during the last secession. You good ol' southern boys recall that fiasco, don't you? Seems like the Blue Coats gave you a sound thrashing and put you back in the union by force. You may not be so lucky this time; the rest of us may not want you to return to the flock. Maybe Mexico would like to annex you and have you back as a state. Adios!
----
Today has been spent mostly on the porch soaking up sun; sometimes life seems worth living. I have on shorts for the first time this year, my legs are corpse white, and I feel pretty good.
----
I have a lot of flower photos to post; I took the macro lens out for a spin around the flower vase yesterday and made a few decent shots. The blooms are still here from Easter. This one is for you, Alice.
----
Well, I'm now off to Flickr to look at my contacts wonderful photos; I wish I had just a little of the artful skill these folk have.
----

Powered by ScribeFire.

6 comments:

Mark said...

Blustery talk from another screwball politician.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the people are ready for a populist movement against the "black oppressor"! I bet this is more racial than anything.

jikido said...

Unbuntu may be a good fit for you, Ken. A lot of my customer's use it because Windows and chemistry software (DVDs to install) do not work very well (crashing, trying to get a license server daemon started, etc). The majority use Linux and we are seeing more and more Unbuntu.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kevin.
I've been using Linux on one of my computers for many years, and switched to Ubuntu about 3 yrs. ago. Windows has only one program that I need on Linux, and that is Quickbooks. and that need is dwindling. I like Ubuntu and the newest release comes out next week. It will be awhile, but Windows is dieing as an OS.

Anonymous said...

Ken
Thank you for the beautiful picture of the Easters flowers.
I am so ready for spring. I loved the sunshine today.Glad you are feeling well enough to sit in the sun. Maybe the warm weather and the sun will help with your RA.
Alice

Anonymous said...

You are welcome, Alice.
Dogwoods should be peaking in about a week. The sun's heat always seems to help.

Blog Archive