Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tree sex


Pollen is driving me NUTZ!!! Can't sit on the porch or even open a door without becoming enveloped with sneezy yellow dust. I wish trees would practice safe sex and wear a condom when they ejaculate pollen!
----
The weather held good last evening and I managed to get a couple of decent photos in and around Fall Branch. It is a good chance of rain for the next five days ... so they say. It is supposed to be doing so now, but the sky is sunny with a heavy haze and no rain yet.
----
The snow blower manufacturer I spoke of yesterday will lay off 100 people and "consolidate" their northern factories. I understand through the grapevine that all manufacturing operations will go to Canada. Most likely and sooner or later, they will transfer those operations to China.
----
Local hospitals are still cutting staff. If the pig flu hits as hard as they are predicting, most will soon be called back. Right now would be a good time to invest in health care and mortuary stocks and hope you live long enough to collect dividends.
----
How many will have to die before they begin distributing the vaccine? If I die without getting a dose, I will surely be pissed.
----
Stock car legend Richard Petty will enter a speedster for Indianapolis 500 qualifying. It will be driven by a man with another legendary racing name: Andretti; John Andretti. Hail King Richard and Prince John.
----
What the heck is Dancing With the Stars and why should I care if some nobodies named Chuck Wicks and Julianne Hough are kicked off of it? It is difficult to believe that tv has sunken to unprecedented lows with these so called "reality" shows. Is America so desperate for entertainment that we need to see and hear this type hogwash. For god's sake—and your own sanity—read a book; take a walk, go for a bike ride; make photos of bumblebees; do something that will keep your brain from withering away completely! When Chris moved in and took the den for a bedroom, I purposely left a three-year old Samsung 50" high definition tv in the room. She has a good tv, but I decided anything I want to watch can be seen on our bedroom Visio.
----

Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Thank god the full pollen outbreak is done here. It is still high but the yellow dust is gone.

I don't get Dqncing with the Stars either. Seems a little trivial to me.

Go John Andretti. Him and the King deserve to win at Indy.

Anonymous said...

I used to laugh at people's misery in pollen season, but now I realize it isn't so funny!

I don't give the race team much chance in its first try, but maybe they can make a showing.

Blog Archive