Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Meanderings


Watauga River, Wilbur impoundment


We've been having snow showers this morning, and the highs today are to be in the mid 40's. There was some overnight accumulation in higher elevations. I just ain't ready for this. Never will be.
----
I just noticed this story from the Associated Press: Employees of a Chinese restaurant were caught butchering an American deer in the kitchen of the establishment. The scarfing joint is in Hamburg NY, just south of Buffalo. Chinese? Deer? Hamburg? Buffalo? No telling what else these people served!
----
This Presidential election is looking just too good for Obama, so I look for McCain to win by a small margin. If either camp has a big secret on the other one, it will be exposed within the next few days. It has to be revealed late enough that the other side cannot mount an effective defense before election day, but early enough so that it can be the theme for the closing push. Whatever it may be—if there is anything—it doesn't have to be based on pure fact.
----
Another AP headline: 6-8 NFL players probed! I hate when that happens to me!
----
I see where a pair of redneck neo-Nazi skinheads kids have been arrested for plotting to kill Mr. Obama and other black people. One of them is from Arkansas, and the other from Tennessee. I bet no one saw anything like this coming! I'm surprised it took this long for it to happen. Don't forget, that fine American civic organization called the Ku Klux Klan was originally formed in Tennessee.
----
A final thought: Rachel Maddow on her MSNBC show last evening was accusing the Bush administration of trying to start more wars for sending troops across the Iraq-Syria border and killing a terrorist, and killing terrorists inside Pakistan. This seems like a knee-jerk reaction to discredit Republicans (as if Republicans need any more problems). Ms. Maddow, I am a liberal's liberal, and have been so since long before you were born, and I shall not defend the Bush Middle East policies. What I will defend is the right of America to protect itself. Just after 9/11, Bush told the world that any nation whom supported terrorism in any way would face the wrath of the US military. It is probably the only coherent thing he has said in the past eight years, and I agree with him 100 percent. The only thing I disagree with is that he waited so long to do it. We must take the fight to the terrorists, be it in Syria, Pakistan, Jordan, Iran, China, Korea, Russia, Venezuela, or anywhere on the globe. If we don't act and react swiftly and decisively, they will again carry destruction to us and we may not get by as easily as we did with 9/11, as horrible as that was. Ms. Maddow, if you wish for John McCain to be elected president, keep talking nonsense!

I'm Ken Anderson and I approved this message.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Wow. Snow showers already. Seems a little early for that.

I think the election is going to be for Obama. However i think it is going to closer than many think.

The Secret Service and FBI must have their hands full right now.
After Obama wins the Secret Service job will be one tough job and it is already very tough.

As for Rachel Maddow, blah blah blah, do not like the show. Needs some work in my opinion, however she is pulling some very good rating numbers at this point.

Anonymous said...

I hope last evening's info-mercial and Bill's pep talk swayed Florida to Obama!

Rachel seems over-awed by the tv thing. At least she is pulling some viewers away from Fox News.

Blog Archive