Tuesday, October 21, 2008


Clark's Creek


There is definitely a virus making the rounds here. Diarrhea is the first major symptom, then comes nausea. I've felt bad since yesterday noon.
----
Texas Instruments (TI) is laying off 650 workers worldwide. This is a company of 30,000 employees, and it will be just a drop in the bucket unless you are an affected worker. I seem to recall that TI had about 70,000 employees worldwide when I worked at their now defunct Johnson City plant in the mid-seventies, and most of these jobs were in the USA. If my memory is correct, that constitutes a lot of downsizing in the past 35 years.
----
An update on what I said yesterday about a new stimulus plan for taxpayers. Looks like we may be bypassed on this one as the money will be mostly used for other things like infrastructure improvements. This is sorely needed and will create jobs, at least for a while. Why would they even consider leaving out the people whom most need help? Because we are easy! We are patsies! After all, they got by with the giveaway to banks and Wall Street, so they assume—and rightly so—that because they weren't tarred and feathered for their actions then, they can keep doing it. Another thing; a lot of us whom received the stimulus checks actually went against the grain of wholesome American capitalism and used the money to pay debts. That alone probably caused the Wall Street meltdown! Bullshit! We shall wind up getting screwed again, and we deserve it.

As I can never forgive Hillary for voting for the invasion of Iraq purely for political reasons, I can never forgive Obama and McCain voting for the bailout to help their corporate friends. We don't need knee-jerk government.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Get well soon.

I am worried about my job, even though I can not stand it. If the job goes away it will be time to make a major change and start a new chapter and that may be a good thing.

The whole economy is so screwed. If the gave us a real stimulus package I would pay off bills and then bank the cash. I want $5000.00per taxpayer. Then we would see things change. Of course the money will go to corporations and we will lose our jobs, retirement, homes, cars and families.

Anonymous said...

I hate to think you will lose your job, but that move to the west coast you spoke of may be a good thing. I wish I was young enough for hopes and dreams.

I don't think they will allow people to pay bills with a $5000 stimulus. Probably be a debit card or such that can be used at retailers only. That would really be chicken shit, so I expect it to happen if we were allowed to have a big rebate.

Blog Archive