Monday, October 20, 2008


Colorful Clark's Creek


King George the Wise has decided it is time for another economic stimulus bailout for we Joe the Plumbers, even though it be a minuscule one compared to what the campaign contributing banks and Wall Street received. This time it may work, if they go far enough with enough money and not waste time talking about it. It won't be a cure, and will probably hurt in the long run, but something along this line is surely needed. Whereas most people whom received the last stimulus weren't hurting too badly at the time, they are now for sure uneasy about their futures. We haven't been buying big ticket items and have cut back dramatically on everyday commodities. This time it may work to alleviate the sorry shape we and our blind-eye government have gotten ourselves into. A lot of people want to get reelected, too.
----
We went back to the markets on 107 yesterday and bought the last bushel of potatoes any of them had. We then drove on down to Clark's Creek where I made a few photos, including the one shown here. Although it was only about 3:00 pm, the sun is so low to the horizon now that there wasn't sufficient light in shady places to make photos with my slow lens, even at ISO 400. I used the flash, which leaves shadows I don't like, but I got one or two decent fungus photos.
----
It is just mid-fall, and I'm already tired of winter! The free air temp today is in the 60's, but the wind feels like it is off an iceberg. I may have to trade in my shorts for long pants and a thicker shirt!
----
Thanks everyone on Flickr for your encouragement while I get some other things done. The consolidation of notes is about finished, and I've actually written a couple thousand coherent words about my meager life.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Well instead of posting on everything from when I was gone I'll just start here.

Hopefully your writing goes well. With it getting dark so early you will have time at night to write for sure.

Do you like the new Flickr setup?

The weather is actually starting to change here and I am glad. The summer gets to be way too long.

I wish the leaves in Georgia had changed early this year. I wanted to check it out however this was not to be. Maybe I'll get up next year and see them.

Anonymous said...

I am getting some writing done; feels good.

I really haven't paid much attention to the Flickr changes. Once I figured how to see my recent comments without other's comments included, it seems much the same as it was.

Oh no! I used to like winter until I got into my 50's when it became an inconvenience.

Leaves are just now turning good here at 1700' altitude where I live.

Blog Archive