Sunday, October 19, 2008


October 12, 2008


We didn't go to Cade's Cove Friday. The weather was too crappy to do any of the things we had planned. This is the fourth time we had plans for going, and have yet to get out of the door at home. If I do get there, it will be on a spur of the moment thing.
----
The Tennessee Volunteer football team won an SEC ballgame! Coach Phillip Fulmer deserves a fat raise and a long contract extension. Mediocrity should always be rewarded ahead of ability. Ex-coach John Majors has been bad-mouthing Fulmer of late, when in fact he was just as mediocre as his nemesis.
----
Fall sure fell yesterday and last night, it is still chilly outside today, and there was frost scattered around this morning. I have now begun the countdown to glorious spring. I am much like Pete, the protagonist's cat in Robert Heinlein's science-fiction novel The Door into Summer. Pete doesn't like winter, and is forever scratching on doors, looking for the one that opens into summer. Humanity too seems always to be searching for some kind of summer, and the search usually becomes a religion.
----
I see the McCain/Palin ticket is gaining in the polls on Obama/Biden; clear proof Americans would rather see a dirty fight than to know the facts. I'm still not overly proud of this country. We seem to be pleased with complacency instead of repairing the wrongs that plague us. The only way I will ever consider voting again is if the Electoral College is done away with and each voter's vote counts. I am a Blue voter living in a Red state, so what is the point of wasting my time at the polls? I have decided to support a candidate, though. I shall back Obama, even though I don't think he is the best person for the job. McCain is still and forever shall be a Bushite, and that alone keeps me from considering him. I will vote with this blog.

No comments:

Blog Archive