Wednesday, October 29, 2008


Watauga river



Friday past I wrote about my doctor being ill and canceling my appointment for that day. Today I went to my heart doctor for a quarterly exam, and damned if he didn't call in sick. I feel like Typhoid Mary; shunned by the world!
----
In my younger days, I subscribed to Playboy Magazine for many years; only for the brilliant articles, of course. My how times have changed! I now subscribe to Popular Science which has no girly pictures and no articles of interest to a man about town. I read a lot of the articles, but my favorite part is the classified ads. Some offer legitimate products, and some are come-ons disguised for the sale of snake oil. Following are a few snippets that I like from the November '08 issue (italicized words are my thoughts):

  • Save the planet with Motorsilk® oil treatment. Save your money by not buying.
  • Abacus® wrist watch ... has no hands. Hell, why not?! I have a wallet with no money!
  • The Rouge Wallet® designed for the front pants pocket. Good idea but not at $29.99+.
  • Liquid Trust® fuels intimacy! Compels others to trust you! The hormone of love! They should have put a scratch-'n-sniff with the ad.
  • Male enlargement: Four to five inches in four to five weeks! How big is big enough? Ladies, don't answer that; it will only embarass me!
  • Xomax® for even bigger pricks.
  • Athena Pherom♥ne! 10♥13® for women and 10x® for men! This one has been around for many years, but no scratch-'n-sniff samples.
  • Invisible Glass® makes glass invisible! Duh!
  • Restore libido with Eroxil® Fer shur!
Don't laugh! A lot of these misleading ads sell a lot of crappy merchandise! We are gullabile for a quick fix!
----
I wish this election crap would go away. At least Obama's info-ad won't pre-empt Spongebob!

2 comments:

Mark said...

Your doctors read your blog and depending on what you say they decide if they should see you. :)

Anonymous said...

More than likely. One of my docs is from Holland, another is from India, and another from Egypt. I think they get sick of American politics!

Blog Archive