Friday, October 24, 2008

Musings


This year has quickly slipped by ...


Another shot day has rolled around, and I must also see the RA doctor this afternoon for a checkup. I was supposed to see my family doctor for a six month check up this morning, but her office phoned yesterday and said she is ill and postponed me until December. This will make more than a year since I've seen her. My last appointment in April was postponed until now because my doctor was ill. I think I see the light! She checks her appointment list, sees my name and gets sick. I make a lot of people sick.
----
I suspect that between McCain and Obama, more than a billion dollars will be spent in purchasing the presidency. Directly or indirectly, this is money that was hard earned by taxpayers, and I don't hear either candidate giving more than lip service to campaign reform. Our nation should not be allowing this deceit to go on. At least Sarah Palin got a new wardrobe.
----
Why is the stock market still in free fall after having been given all that bailout money to help bolster it? Glad you asked. The market itself did not get the money; it has to wait for the old Republican whimsey of trickle-down economics to bolster it. Big time movers and shakers are getting the cash infusions from our treasury.
----
Alan Greenspan, the former Fed chairman that helped W create this financial crisis, is saying it isn't his fault, but that his thinking was flawed. Rocks don't float!

Actually, ordinary citizens are the only ones whom face a crisis. The super rich could care less about anyone's economy. The ordinary rich will benefit from this; some as the meltdown happens, and others on down the road. I've never seen a poor or middle class rich person, and the smart money stays with the smart rich.

4 comments:

Mark said...

LOL. I love that you make other people sick. You make them think and that is what they do not like.

We should make the election period three months long. No long campaign seasons and no fund raising until the three month period starts.

as for the economy the regular American will get stuck with all the bills and get nothing but poorer for their efforts.

The rich do not want trickle down economics. They like to use this phrase but it is a joke. They like the majority to be poor.

Anonymous said...

The first thing we need to do is get rid of the Electoral College. That in itself would save many millions of dollars. Their ads could target voters nationwide instead of states, and everyone's vote would count.

The three month thing is a darn good idea, too. As long as we have instant mass media, it will work great.

The rich can live with it because it is meaning less. They control any and all trickling. They like for us to be happily poor, because we are complacent as such.

Mark said...

They have short elections in most other parts of the world. I would like to see some sort of government that is between what we have and a coalition style government. If we do not like what we see then we have a vote of confidence and can change things midstream.

Anonymous said...

That would work for us, I think.

Blog Archive