Friday, January 18, 2008

Daylight has become visibly longer now, especially in the evenings. At present, we are gaining nearly one and one-half minutes each day.

-------

Ever have days when you've felt alone, even when people and things around you seem the same as always? I've been like that for the past two days, and it isn't pleasant... at all. Given time though, things usually circle back to normal.

-------

Now we are poppin'! Carolyn just called to say the police were keeping her company on the job. A bank she cleans left the vault open, and as soon as Carolyn entered the building, the alarms went off and the cops came. They are staying with her 'til she or they can contact the manager. Things like this happen about once a month on various jobs of hers; sometimes they are Carolyn's fault but most of the time it is a faulty alarm or someone changing the alarm code and failing to notify her of the fact. The bad part is that she and one or two employees have to wait around while things get sorted out. The employees keep getting paid while waiting.

4 comments:

john and milly said...

the days are just starting to pull out as you say ken but as thay say we should enjoy every day in whatever season life brings ,i am an anoying optimist who allways tries to look on the bright side of life sorry you have been a bit down the last couple of days.i can relate to how you feel as milly can often slip into depresions she is a wonderful person but sometimes the worst thing i can say to her is cheer up ,we do help balance each others characters. she teaches me not to trust everybody and i try to tell her everybody is not out to get you as thay say opposites attract.its funny how i can listen to cry in your beer county all day long yet it depresses milly (and you )yet milly likes jim stienman and meatloaf and rock music thanks for the oportunity to air some of my thoughts on your site .john

Anonymous said...

Hi John. Even though I sometimes become depressed, I try to keep my mood even to those around me. I use my blogs to express myself 'cause no one in the family reads them.

I can commiserate with Milly because I know how it feels to have the world close in and strangle one's desire to care.

Actually, I like some country music, and what I don't like just annoys me. I liked Hank Williams very much (not jr.), and in my opinion there has never been a sweeter and truer voice than that of Patsy Cline. Johnny Cash is a favorite, as is Kitty Wells. The modern pretty boy & pretty girl stuff that pretends to be country gets on my nerves. Dwight Yoakam is tolerable because he is unpretentious. I believe he would be a good one to go fishing and down a few brews with. I like Willy Nelson and the Dixie Chicks. Emmylou Harris is another favorite (and she is pretty). I cannot stand Reba McIntyre... her singing is ok, I just don't like her as a person.

Anonymous said...

thanks ken you are spot on with your comments i hate 75%of country the real stuff is johnny cash merle haggard hank williams hank snow ( mind you he does want you to end it all sometimes )millys fav is willie nelsons blue eyes crying in the rain it reminds her of samantha a long haired cat we once had

Anonymous said...

"Blue Eyes" is my favorite of Willie's.

Blog Archive