Thursday, January 24, 2008

It is cold here with a powdering of snow from last night. I'd planned to go out for a while, but my knees are very sore for some reason. I suppose I am the only person on earth whose artificial knee gets sore. Could be from being down on them so much while praying about taxes. Of course!

I've spent the morning paying bills, using the few cents (sense) I had left after the taxes. But I do feel better; getting the taxes finally completed was much akin to the afterglow of having sex, if I correctly remember about the joys of that institution nonpareil. Out of breath; sweaty; fulfilled... if I just had a cigarette.

I was so elated last evening about overcoming the taxes, I even took a shower; something I never do in mid-week. Don't know that my skin is any cleaner, but the symbolic cleansing of government red ink from my being was worth the time.

The above photograph... I get a very clear message from it; how about you?

Out of BEER! Had to make a run to the service station so I could fill my tank. XX is my brew of choice this evening, but I promise not to drink but three of the twelve I bought...

No comments:

Blog Archive