Friday, January 25, 2008

So sad... some of the co-eds across from me have moved. Summer won't be the same; not as much short-shorts; not as much washing cars wearing bikinis; not as many smiles and waves at the weired old man across the street. All I can do is hope more move in, or at least, no guys take residence. There used to be only guys there, and they would come over and take the trash can to the road and other odd jobs to help out the old fogies.

The guys had some wild parties, but the women beat them hands down. Oh, the things I've heard, the aromas I've smelled, and the sights I've seen by just sitting on my front porch on warm Friday and Saturday nights; fortunately, they never pulled the shades. It was probably the most exercise my heart has gotten in years.

----

I have to get my weekly fix today; I think it's been about five years of taking the injections, plus eight years of the pills before that. Well, they keep me going so I won't complain too much.

----

Maybe I'll go to The Cottage tonight for karaoke. I don't participate in the activities, other than soaking down a few suds, but the "singers" are fun to watch. Most are tone deaf it seems, but it doesn't make any difference because it is all great fun. Thank the gods of sanity that the place doesn't have a dance floor. I would probably be stupid enough to to give the old moves a go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

was out of town last friday night, but will be down at my dads and his friends old stomping ground come this friday!! Maybe you'll be able to stop in then.

Hope Carolyn is starting to feel better - sorry for the time delay in the post - just got back computer access today! :) :) :)

Nessy

Anonymous said...

Hi, Nessy,

Thanks for looking in. If I'm able, I will be there. Are you going to sing?

Anonymous said...

Carolyn is a little better...

Blog Archive