Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My old friends from Texas have finally come home; at least Sue has. Bob stayed behind to finish some business things, and will be here for good by the first of February. Bob was a businessman in the Dallas area, and Sue did charity stuff. Very charming and everyday people.

-----------

I still haven't finished the taxes; I get depressed and mad thinking of them. More than fifty percent of this country's annual budget goes to the military while it spreads democracy and peace around the world. Don't get me wrong; I have the highest respect for the working men and women of our armed forces; it is the Washington dogs of war whom I detest.

Update: 06:25 pm local. Got the business taxes all done. I am such a good boy; will someone reward me with a lollipop? Gloom, despair, and misery have been lifted from my shoulders. I shall celebrate with a whiskey sour cocktail. Although I like Black Jack for sippin', my favorite mixer is Jim Beam white label. And a good time was had by all ...

-----------

Today, I created a magnificent piece of poetic beauty. It concerns a range that has its best years behind it.

Ode to Old Smoky

On top of old smoky
A pot was a boilin'
Inside of old smoky
The smoke was a roilin'

Outside of old smoky
She stomped her foot
She knew old smoky
Was making soot

She went down to Sears
To choose a new oven
Hoping for years
Of home cooked lovin'
--------
At times, I am amazed at my genius.

No comments:

Blog Archive