Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Sermon on the Moon


Last night's hazy moon


I feel terrible! I am now snotting like a fiend and my chest is even sorer. Even geezers like myself who had flu shots last fall are infected with these miseries; I hope I can fight off pneumonia.
----
I read that Ford and the Auto Workers have reached an agreement to cut wages and benefits. Will new car prices fall? Dream on!
----
The chief of the United Nations, Ban ki-Moon has called the United States a "deadbeat" nation. Why is the US promising to pay 22 percent of the UN's operating budget anyway? There are 191 other member countries so our share of the costs should be less than one percent. While the members of the European Union are laughing their economic asses off at the plight of we fat American wastrells, they still depend on us to carry their begging asses on our shoulders. What country is most responsible for allowing all of Europe and parts of Asia, including Japan and South Korea, to be independent of foreign rule? Who is the biggest buyer of their exports? Who kicked Hitler's ass out of France and Mussolini's out of Italy? Who fought World War II on two major fronts, and won both of them? No nation on this earth has ever sacrificed so many of the lives of their own soldiers to save the soverignty of other nations like has the United States of America! And for you, Mr. Ban ki-Moon, who saved your country's sorry ass from your nothern bretheren? Who buys your Kia and Hyundi cars and sorry electronic products? You deserve someone like Kim Jong-il to liberate your country from the American infestation and I could care less if it happens, and if it does, you more than likely will seek sancuary in the US, you pathetic hypocrite!

Yes World, the United States of America is down right now, but we are by no means on our knees. We will be standing here offering our hand to you when you are again flat on your asses!
----
I better shut up before I become really mad; I've already edited out the best parts of the above tirade!
----


Powered by ScribeFire.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand your bitterness, Ken.

Information about economic crisis in US I can read in Polish newspapers are alarming. I believe you will overcome these difficulties. American people are brave; also my friends emigrants who have lived there for many years and treat US as own country.

Bądź dobrej myśli(have good thoughts)!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.
I am referring to Germany and France. They both seem to want to make their rules as they go along and largely ignore the needs of their neighbors like Poland and Hungary.
Pa, Jola. :-)

Mark said...

They are saying here it is one of the worst years for pollen and it is going to last a long time. Yippee.

The U.N. is useless. They have done nothing in Darfur and that alone proves they have no guts. In theory if all people are the same then all countries voices in the U.N. would carry the same weight.

The treatment of most of Europe towards its Eastern neighbors seems typical of Europe in general.
A lot of xenophobia going on.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Mark’s opinion is a bit too severe. I would like to believe that France or Germany have good intensions. Sarkozy seems to be a bit funny person, but I like his spontaneity. He and our prime minister Tusk are in good contact. Germany… Well, they like to create themselves as the best nation in the world (best economy, best law, best social order, best culture, best cars etc.) and they are great but we, Poles, know well also their weak points, their "sins". I admire German classic music and German literature; however the last really great German writer - Gunter Grass - has (ha, ha, ha) Polish roots.

Lovely Ken that you mentioned about Hungary. You know I love Hungary. There is even such proverb: Pole, Hungarian - two brothers.

I can imagine, that you are very weak having influenza. Take care for yourself, my friend!

I have just returned from my hospital. I must cook dinner. We have in Warsaw nice, sunny weather; it’s still cold, without pollen.;-)

Życie jest piękne. La vita e bella.

Pa, Ken. :-))

Anonymous said...

I have mixed feelings about the UN, Mark. As a peacekeeper, they are useless, but it does give the members an opportunity to sit down and talk. I really don't know how much power it should have.

Anonymous said...

I hope your hospital visit was positive for you, and that you are becoming stronger and healthier.

Yes, life is beautiful ... in any language. :-)

Thanks, Jola.

Anonymous said...

I still feel this ache. But I feel stronger. Histopatology (?) is good. At this moment there is no threat of cancer.

La vita e bella. I like this Italian sentence the best. You know that I love Italy.
Thanks, Ken. :-)

Anonymous said...

That is very good to know, and I'm sure it eases your mind.
La vita e bella!

Blog Archive