Monday, March 23, 2009

Rambles and Rumbles


Someone once called it "home" ...


I suppose I was a bit mistaken in my assumption that the Lady Vols would beat a team that does not have near the talent level as they. Tennessee's women girls looked like they were playing way out of their league, but then, they have been under achieving the entire season. Maybe Pat can go to the junior college ranks to recruit some much needed talent and leadership.
----
I feel pretty crappy today from lack of sleep last night. I sweated all night long and am lethargic today, and I am beginning to become a little bit depressed about all of it. Beautiful spring skies and lovely, warm weather is tempering my melancholy somewhat, though.
----
Yesterday, we went for a drive through northern Washington and Greene counties, and into Hawkins and Sullivan counties. We didn't find many photo opportunities, but it was good to get out of the house for a spell. Upon returning home, Carolyn made a great supper of meatloaf, potato salad, and other goodies. She makes the best meatloaf and potato salad I've tasted and it has become famous throughout the family. The heck of it is; she doesn't use a recipe. All that leads to my next problem; I cannot taste anything but sweets since I began taking the antibiotic, and to compound that, it has caused thrush on my tongue and back of my mouth. The only cure for thrush that I have found which works is tongue brushing and gargling with hydrogen peroxide, and that is a long, tedious process. I've come to believe that getting old is one disaster after another with a few minutes of sleep in between.
----
I'm beginning to wonder just how much of the bailout money that went to Wall Street has been used to pay bonuses? I suspect it is a whole lot more than we will ever know about. Remember the "no strings attached" stipulation in the original Bush administration proposal? These corporate giants do not have to publicly disclose how much went to whom. Bank of America is probably the worst offender, and they no doubt gave huge bonuses to Merrill Lynch employees that caused the broker to go belly up. Sigh ...
----



Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Spring is here. You will be able to go out and relax in the sun soon enough.

There should have never been "no strings atattched". Just allows to many illegal things to happen.

Anonymous said...

I believe the US financial system is out of control. I cannot wait to see how the big banks manipulate this homeowner bailout.

Blog Archive