Sunday, March 22, 2009

Is it really spring?




I feel pretty good today as far as goes the pneumonia; very little coughing and wheezing. Yesterday was pretty lousy, though. All day, I felt like a gut with the poop slung out of it. The RA is back, my knees are very sore and my feet feel like old Scratch is dipping them in his special pot of boiling hell. Still better than being completely laid up.
----
I feel well enough to get out and try to make some photos today. I need to get it done before I become so crippled I cannot leave the house. I plan to visit some back roads near the Sullivan and Hawkins County line. Mainly, I just need to get away from the house for a few hours. Another thing I want to do is visit the creek for my spring bath, but I don't want to get chilled while still recovering from the illness. I may have to postpone the cleansing for a few weeks; but I think I will go ahead and change my under shorts as four months of continuous wearing is about a lifetime for that particular article of clothing. One good thing about wearing them for so long; they stink so wretchedly that cooties refuse to move in.
----
We are having some superb spring weather; almost time to break out the shorts and summer shirts. Carolyn has already removed the flannel sheets form the bed and replaced them with muslin bed clothes. She is itching to get some Boston ferns hanging outside. She has several from last year which she kept in the basement over winter, and she will probably buy one or two more and hope the kids will remember to get her one on Mother's day.
----
I'm not doing much on Flickr at the present, and may not accomplish but little for a while. I must start concentrating on our income taxes because April 15 is seemingly approaching at the speed of light. I do plan to comment on my friends photos as time allows, but I am so far behind on doing that I may never get completely caught up.
----
The Lady Vols play their first game of the NCAA tournament tonight at 9:00. I look for them to win this game, but I do not think they will advance much farther.
----



Powered by ScribeFire.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have just left comments on my photostream and I see a new post on your blog, Ken. It means that you really feel stronger. I worried about you; pneumonia is so serious sickness. Be careful, please. I love your comments, but you shouldn't feel obliged in case of lack of time or if you have not enough strength.

My Saturday was wonderful. I spent this day outdoor. D. took a bag of his cameras and we spent a few hours at the wild bank of the River Vistula. We have there our favorite places, completely wild. We both took many photos.

I have just watched an American movie "A beautiful mind"; it's old film, I know, but yesterday I bought this dvd, and today is Sunday, so I gave us (also D.) such pleasure like watching this movie. We were both very impressed and touched. This is extraordinary movie. It has so many important meanings.

In Poland income taxes are very important, too.

Forsythia in your garden is beautiful. You have a real spring in Tennessee. I envy a bit.

Have a good day, my friend.:-))

Anonymous said...

I am feeling better, Jola; I take my last dose of antibiotic today.

I don't really feel obligated to comment on your photos, but I know they have a deep meaning for you and for we whom see them. It is a pleasure to view and comment on them. :-)

Glad you were able to get out and make some photos. I have such a "completely wild" place on the Watauga river. It is very peaceful.

Russel Crowe was very good in that movie, and Jennifer Connelly was great. Yes, it is a very meaningful movie and is based on a true story.

Our annual awakenings are wonderful here in the hills. Day by day I can sit on my back porch and see spring climbing and greening the mountains. I wish you could live a year in East Tennessee.

Thanks so much for caring, Jola. It really means much to me. :-)))

Anonymous said...

I wish I could live a year in East Tennesse, too. ;-)))

I imagined that schizophrenia is a terrible sickness and this movie shows that man is able to overcome even such difficulties. Really good movie.

I had my first lesson of English after a long break. Topic: corporate identity. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. An awful topic! But I was glad that I met my colleagues and my teacher.

You wrote such polite words about my photos. Thank you very much, my friend. I'm fortunate that I met you on Flickr. It was a wonderful coincidence. And you are my teacher of English too. I regret that I'm so overworked and now I can't concentrate on your writing. But I have a great pleasure if I can read your comments and your blog.

It's 9 pm in Warsaw. I'm tired and sleepy.

Have a great week, Ken.
Good night!

Anonymous said...

That is a heck of a topic to learn English. ;-)))

Our photos are an insight into ourselves; every emotion we feel sooner or later shows up in them. It doesn't really matter how good a photograph is some way or another, because they are really very personal and we are expressing us. We must look beyond the photo, and if there is such a thing as photographic art, it lies in the unseen. :-)

When first i saw your comments on Kevin's photos, I thought that we might have some things in common, and when you listed me as a contact, I was really thrilled, and now that we have become friends, I am very much pleased. I have learned a lot from you, my friend. :-)))

Do not worry about reading my stuff; as far as I know it will always be there, and as for the blog, I am going to try to make it more interesting; somewhat like it used to be. :-)

You rest and take of yourself and I will talk to you more on the weekend.

Taryfa ciebie również, Jola.
(I hope I got that one correct!) ;-)))

Anonymous said...

You and Kevin are my first Flickr "contacts", and THE BEST.

I appreciate your frankness, Ken. Also your spontaneity; and your sensitiveness. Unexpectedly you became a bright "component" of my life; I'm very pleased, too. :-))

I hope we will talk more on weekend.
Pa, Ken.

ps.I will copy your last remarks about photos; you expressed it so nicely.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola. ;-)))

Blog Archive