Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A.I.G. redux


Fodder


I am feeling a little better today, but breathing is still difficult; the cortisone is wearing off and the soreness is returning to my chest. I won't be able to get my arthritis shot until I am completely over the chest congestion, and that may be several weeks. The methotrexate I have injected to treat the RA is what causes me to contract the pneumonia from a simple chest cold or flu. Until I can get the shots going again, I am going to be incapacitated by the RA, and look to laid up for several weeks. This isn't the first time I've been through this.
----
A couple of points on yesterday's post:
  • I do not condone what A.I.G. and other large corporations are doing, it is just the fact they are doing it with the blessing of our hypocrite elected leaders. Huge bonuses for a lot of unworthy people have been the norm since the Reagan years, and most of it goes untaxed or under-taxed.
  • After writing and posting the piece, I read that the administration was admitting that it and Congress knew of the bonuses months ago; they say since December and I say since day one!
----
I give the Obama administration a failing grade so far, and Congress isn't even worth trying to grade because the grading system only goes down to zero and they are much lower than that.
----
I am going nuts wanting to get out in this fine weather and make some photos, but I am using caution and common sense, both of which I am not accustomed to doing. Spring is my favorite time of year, but this year looks like it will be mostly a bust for me. Well, I still at least have my beauty!
----

Powered by ScribeFire.

4 comments:

Mark said...

The whole ting is a damm mess and now we wee that many knew this was possible for several weeks. What for that fallout. look for Chris Dodd to take a big hit.

Anonymous said...

Ken, I hope you are feeling better soon. But just think you won't have to fight the race traffic, especially if Carolyn has anything to clean in the direction of Bristol, but you could prbably get some good pictures of the nutty race fans.
Alice

Anonymous said...

Seems every time the Dems get something going their way, the old "let business run the country" disease jumps up. We just need to keep changing the Congress until they understand we are serious about wanting ourselves represented.

Anonymous said...

Good thinking Alice, and thanks. I was planning to get a shot of the race facility lit at night, but I will wait until the summer race, I suppose. :-(

Blog Archive