Friday, March 20, 2009

Feeling better




I'm sitting at my desk with evening sun streaming through the window and falling across my shoulders. I have felt great today, with very little coughing and congestion. Possibly by Monday I will be able to resume getting my RA shots before too much damage is done. I was able to get some work accomplished this morning without tiring.
----
Have any of you fallen for the congressional posturing on A.I.G.-gate? Even with a new Congress and a new administration in DC, the song remains the same; screw the public and cover their asses. All the promises of reform and open, honest government were set aside by yesterdays vote to tax the A.I.G. executives beyond reason. Before you hurrah our leaders for "trying" to do something to retaliate against a wrong, consider this: If they can arbitrarily tax those executives at 90 percent, they can do the same to anyone whom receives government money of any kind, and that includes people on Soicial Security! It is a shameful lot we have for leaders, and the only solution is to turn them out of office and vote someone else in. It is not going to happen, though. As long as money can buy a seat in congress, we the people will remain unrepresented. Let's change the election laws so that a person has to be elected on his merits and not by the money of special interests.
----
Two of our Navy vessels collided. It would seem that with todays sophisticated technology, at least one of them would have known the other was there.
----
The Smoking Gun's Mugshots of the Week!!!!!

Powered by ScribeFire.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I also have better and worse days. I work in my office effectively, but I feel very tired in the evening.

I took part in meeting with interesting people on Thursday. They arrived from Silesia and explained us the rules of 'tutoring'. We (me and colleagues in magistracy) wondered if we have enough money to introduce components of this valuable method in schools in Warsaw; it's not cheap, so, for the beginning only in the selected schools, of course.

They mixed in an interesting way English and Polish experiences. It was very inspiring for me. I forgot about weakness for a moment and again I was full of hope and good thoughts.

I'm glad that you are feeling better, my friend. :-))

( I had to remove my previous comment, there were mistakes; oh, my English, my English ... )

Anonymous said...

If my experience with surgery is normal, it takes about six months to become mostly cured from the procedures. Time is your friend when it comes to healing.

Tutoring is used a lot in this country, and is done mostly by volunteers. I have been tutored and have been a tutor. Monetary restraints on education are always a big problem.

Thanks, Jola. It means much to me that you care and I feel very fortunate to have friends like yourself. :-)))

As far as the English writing goes, I have to revise everything I write, including this note. Your writing is very good and easily understood. :-)

Mark said...

The only people to blamr for the AIG bonus payout is the esteemed leaders in Washington. They had the option of eliminating them if they wanted too. Chris Dodd needs to be booted off of the committee for outright lying to the public.

It is also a nice distraction from what AIG did with rest of the money we have given them.

The 90% tax will end up in court and be found illegal. The other thing not being mentioned in most of the press is that most of the people who got the bonus are not U.S. citizens but citizens of the United Kingdom. No money to be collected from them. You are also right that this tactic can be used against us in any form they see fit in the future. Shameful.

Anonymous said...

Mark, I'm afraid AIG is only the tip of the iceberg! I will bet that at least 25% of the bailout money went to bonuses and other "gifts".

Mark said...

I want to know and I bet if Americans knew then there would be some real problems.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it will come out over time, but by the time it does, it will spun to make it look like the banks did us a favor.

Blog Archive