Thursday, July 31, 2008




Thanks to John and Milly Sloan of England for sending Carolyn and me some cd's that belonged to John's brother Ken, whom died just recently. They gave me five Stevie Ray Vaughn discs, and Carolyn has one by the super-foxy Emmylou Harris singing duets with various other singers, and one by John Prine whom is a terrific song writer and poet, but is lacking in the vocal department. Fortunately for my ears, he has some duets with real singers on the cd.

Thanks again, you two! We shall always think of you, and especially Ken, when we listen to the music.
----
----
Exxon Mobil Corporation is showing an $11.68 billion profit for the second quarter of this year. My, my; who would have thought it?
----
642,233 is the number of cars owned and operated by the US government, costing taxpayers $3.4 billion last year.
----
John McCain is proud of the campaign cutthroating he is doing, especially the important issue of comparing Barack Obama to a couple of celebrity floozies. and stating that Obama is playing politics with the race issue. I didn't know there was a race issue. There is, however, a strong "Jerk" issue, and both jerks are attempting to trump each other in "the American voters are stupid" game. Maybe we will show them just how dumb we are and elect one of them!

By the way, I've decided I just may vote. I know; I swore I wouldn't unless an honest man comes along. Well, one has! I just might do a write-in vote for for a tell-it-like-he-sees-it Harry S Truman type. "Fellow distinguished delegates, I place in nomination the name of the only man I know of whom is qualified for the high office of President of these here United States! Yankeepez of Florida!" Mark, I think know you are the man! You are the only one whom is pessimistic enough not to promise anything except doing it the best you can. Pez for Prez! I go Pez! Pez in '08; prosperity in '09! Well maybe in '10!
----
I posted a photo of an onion (yes, I am a freak) on Flickr last evening, then gave its Last Rights, and Carolyn fried it up with some potatoes. It was delish! The bad part: There has been only one person in the history of history whose farts can excite the senses more than my lovely bride's. My best friend from the 70's was black belt and exalted master at butt stench. He could peel paint off a Porsche at 10 yards! Grass died in his presence! Lighted cigarettes burned like a fuse! The man was that good! We whom knew and loved him miss him and his emissions very much. Now for a strong second place master of macabre misery. To say Carolyn had the room stinking last night is a big understatement! She can puke a buzzard off a gut wagon. She can gag a maggot. She had no meat to eat last night, but she did have green beans and creamed-style corn to go with the potatoes and onions. The lack of meat rotting and churning away in her intestines probably saved my life. Even at that, I had no nose hair when I finally made my escape at 7:00 am. My eyebrows were wilted and hanging across my eyelids. My eyelashes were matted with a greenish looking jello-like material. The inside of my mouth was raw and I had swallowed my tongue. When I stepped outside on the porch, the fresh air brought me to my knees as my seared lungs fought with oxygen atoms in an all out war of life or death. I became extemely nauseated and threw up my tongue. Then it was over. I showered in the other bathroom and went about my day as I normally do. See, this happens at least once a week, and has been doing so for at least the past twenty years. I am used to it! I expect it! But for heaven's sake, I don't like it. The first one of you whom informs on me to Carolyn that I wrote this, well, just think of what all I can write about you! I put it down here near the bottom hoping that if she does start to read the blog, she will get bored before she gets this far.
----
JJ called his best friend and he is ok. They had to send four more people from Greenville to Illinois to help oversee the work. He may be home Saturday.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Well I'll run if you want to be on the team. I think the U.S. would be vastly different after we were done. Pez for Prez would be a great slogan, but in todays world we would be sued by Pez.

I just had an idea for Exxon. Take some of your profit and offer it back to your dealers in a cash rebate based on total gas sales. If a gas station sold gas at a certain price point below the national average then Exxon would pay the dealers in cash the amount of money between there gallon price and the nationl average. That way the gas station owners have an incentive to be competitive in pricing. It is a little rough but it could work.

Now for John, Angry Old Man, McCain's Britney, Paris ad. WTF dude, what are you saying? Are you saying he is empty headed and shallow or even stupid like they are. I think that is really what you are saying. Shame on you. You claim that Britney and Paris were used because they are so famous and that Barak is a celeb. Well in that case maybe you should have used Brad Pitt or Oprah or George Clooney. You did not use them because they are generally respected by society and you know that Britney and Paris are not. Plain and simple. Maybe you were playing off the white women , black man racial crap. Hope you are not going there.

Nice group of cd's you got. Be nice to listen to them while sitting on the porch.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Mark. I can't be on the team because I have to be on the outside of the glass house throwing the bricks.

Good idea on the sharing the cash with the station owners, except that independently owned stations are getting rare. Big oil owns and controls the resource from the well head to the pump nozzle. They began squeezing the little man out of the picture in the late 60's, and that bit of independent Americana is all but gone. The ones that are left can only get gas after the company owned stations get theirs.

Did you know the oil industry continuously lobbies the auto industry to put larger gas tanks and motor oil reservoirs on the cars they build?

I need to get off the politics thing for a while... I'm beginning to believe some of what I say!

Blog Archive