Sunday, July 13, 2008




Thanks all whom viewed my window photo and read my words on Flickr, and for all the great comments.
----
I have been remiss by not mentioning a blog which I regularly read. Maggie, another Flickr friend has a site called My Garden, in which she chronicles the things that are important to her, including her flowers, her daily activities (sometimes) and she posts most of her photos there before they ever get to Flickr. She is a super person, one of Flickr's best photographers, and she has taught me a lot with her suggestions and comments on my poor attempts at using a camera. She is recently back from a Russian river cruise, and has brought us some wonderful photos, even though she was ill some of the time. She even managed to get picked by a Bolshevik pickpocket. http://www.mmmee.blogspot.com/ is a link to her blog. It is also on the sidebar of this blog. Please visit her and the other links I have listed on the sidebar.
----
If you are planning on voting this year, and for the life of me I can't understand why you would, I hope you are the only person nationwide that shows up at the polls and casts a ballot. There is a 50-50 chance the vote will be miscounted. Whomever you should choose to be the leader of the "free world" will make little difference to the status quo. The two potential candidates are a two-headed coin, or maybe a better description would be a two-headed snake, although that is very disparaging to the world of reptiles. Believe me: The truth ain't in them! Power and Glory are their goals and if any good for the country should come from either of them, you can bet your hanging chad it is unintentional. So go ahead and vote! I want to be able to say 'I told you so'!

5 comments:

Mark said...

Well I will vote. Obama has one. I'll take ignorance over warmongering. As time goes along we will see that that are one in the same. They will flip flop all the way to the election. Maaybe I should write in Dennis Kucinich.

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm a man who keeps walking in the dark with a candle to light his way while he looks for an honest person, or at least one whom is honest enough to admit he will be dishonest if he runs for president. I'm just so disgusted that the American people have become so comfortable and complacent that they would have ever considered something like W as a national leader. He very well fits that arrogant bunch of assholes in Texas!

Mark, have you considered getting into local politics? You seem like the kind of person who would actually try to change things, and if you couldn't change them, you would tell the rest of them to kiss your ass and then you would go take some pictures and not look back.

Mark said...

Well I have to admit that I usually am not pleased with what politicains end up doing to us.
I think most sincere people who run have a hard time getting things done.

Me as a politician, LOL. I think it would be great in a small town where you could actually things getting done. In most cases I would be the odd man out. I would most likely have to be a Libertarian. Not really sure. Who knows. I think if I ever get out og Tampa and move to a small town I would get involved somehow.
However my camera would always be near.

Anonymous said...

It's difficult to be sincere with all that money being dangled carrot-like in front of them by corporate and other lobbyists. The salaries and perks these high elected and appointed politicians get is sickening. When they leave office, that is all they leave behind; most of the rest goes with them for the remainder of their lives and the life of their spouses. Gas prices are meaningless to them as all they have to do is vote themselves a raise to cover it.

Mark, people like McCain, Obama, Hillary, and the lot don't have an inkling as to how the common man or woman lives. Can you see either of them living in a foreclosure trailer park? Are they like 38%+ of Americans whom are uninsured or under insured? Do you suppose either of them goes grocery shopping? Can you see one of them in an unemployment line or at a food stamp office?

It will take a real person like yourself running for office before I vote again. I haven't missed voting in many elections since I was old enough to vote at age 21. I cast my first presidential ballot in 1968. The first time I picked a winner was 1976, and didn't get another until 1992.

The other thing that will keep me from voting is Electoral College. It is archaic, and as seen in 2000, it doesn't work. We need a national popular vote like every other civilized country in the world. Just because we invented modern democracy, doesn't mean we got it completely right.

I suppose one has to have some party affiliation to win. Being an American isn't enough. Even the Libertarians--whom I like for the most part--have lobbyists and a party machine.

Need a campaign manager in that small town? How much does the job pay and what will my perks be? :-)

Mark said...

I think that it is hard to stick to your convictions or more importantly the convictions of the people who voted you into office. Most of the time the truer to those as a poitician the less effective you are. Ask Jimmy Carter.

You are correct that most of politians end up having very little in common with the average citizen. They forgot or never were like most of us.

Not sure how much the campaign manager pays. We will film the whole thing and make a documetary about it and then win an Oscar and then we will have money. I think between you and I we would be able to raise the ire of a few folks.

Blog Archive