Wednesday, July 02, 2008




Dog Days begin tomorrow, and will last until August 11th. I think the government should declare the entire time as holidays.
----
Today was another day of do-nothings, and a lot of it is now accomplished. Sat or lay on the porch most of the day. No phone, no ipod (don't own one). Carolyn joined me for a while, but the heat soon ran her indoors. I had various birds to amuse me, including a red tailed hawk, a juvenile rabbit, one of the raccoons, and a host of squirrels.
----
Contrary to yesterday's propaganda, we may not go to Bay's Mountain Park this weekend. May go watch the boat parade Friday on Watauga lake. If we get there early, we should be able to find a picnic spot up around Rat Branch or maybe even Watauga Point. I would rather be at Watauga Point, because better looking chicks hang out there. I ain't too old to look!
----
I read where Mr. Obama favors extending Mr. Bush's aid to church run schools. Like I said before, they are all alike. May as well throw out what little is left of the constitution and allow George the Dense to stay in office as long as he wants. We can refer to him as George Mugabe.

Phooey on all of them!

7 comments:

Doc Curtis said...

Thanks for the heads up on Watauga Point esthetics, we'll be staying at on the opposite end of the lake in a log cabin and wanted to watch the parade from shore to save gas money.

KenA said...

Hi doc curtis,

Sounds great watching from the cabin. This will be my first year and I don't know what to expect. Gas expenses may keep the number of boats down somewhat.

Have a good day tomorrow, and come by the blog anytime...

Ken

Mark said...

Hope you have a great 4th.

I am heading over to Dqytona in a few minutes. Should be a blast.

One question: If we are so patriotic as a country why is everything open on the 4th. Seems like CVS, Wal Mart, Home Depot could close for the Nations Birthday.

KenA said...

Thanks Mark, and I hope your weekend is fabulous.

I don't know why those big retailers stay open unless... OMG! Oh no! It wouldn't be a money thing. Not here in the country that hard working people built without money!

Man, you know how to get me stirred up, don't you!? :-)

Mark said...

Our new American motto "Money over patriotism".

KenA said...

Only true patriots have money!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link Doc! I've been looking for a great cabin on Watauga Lake for a while and www.lakecabin4rent.com seems to fit the bill!

Blog Archive