Friday, July 11, 2008




For the first time since I've been on Flickr, I spoke with one of my contacts by telephone. I had to crank the volume up high because of my poor hearing (what isn't poor about me?) I missed some words, but we were able to carry on a bit of a conversation. Kim probably thinks I'm an idiot. She was coming to Jonesborough for the Music on the Square that the town has each Friday night in summer. I had plans for Carolyn and me to go meet her, but I am just too sore to walk the short distance. Possibly we can meet her before she leaves in the morning. She is a mighty sweet young lady and a very talented photographer.
----
If there is one "first rule of photography", I believe it is "Get the shot!". If you have your camera set for the general ambient (is that redundant?) conditions, or carry it set for auto exposure, you should be able to get some kind of photograph; something good enough to work with in an editor.
My second rule is "don't blow the highlights". If possible, meter for the light shaded areas and then meter for the dark shades. Set the exposure in between, weighting toward the highlight side of the coin, and you should be ok. After you make the correct shot, bracket two more around it; one from one-half to one stop lower and one with similar settings to the high side.

Occasionally, I think to do these things!

No comments:

Blog Archive