Friday, July 25, 2008


Gotta love the video man's shirt!

The price of regular gasoline fell twelve cents from yesterday, the biggest one day drop since after the Katrina disaster, to $3.76 at the nearby Sunoco. W has everything under control and the country is headed in the right direction.
----
I don't like to lose friends—true friends that is—for any reason. Online friends are important, as well as the flesh and blood ones I can see. I have had many very good friends over the years, but to my great sorrow, most of them have died. I have only one left from back in the day, and she is true-blue as they come. Thanks, Alice.

Maybe I'm a jinx. Fred, Jerry, Brenda, and Steve all were two or more years younger than me, but are now gone. Alice is almost my age, so maybe that makes her immune to my jinxicity. Jinxicity! When you are my age you can use any word or non-word you like. Young people whom do such may be called morons, but I am just an old moron, and being old makes it allright.
----
I'm one of the worst people in the world to hang labels on others, but I really detest the ones government, insurance companies, and ad agencies expect me to endure. Golden years! Bullshit! That is one of the worst handles to hang on me. I ain't seen one damn golden thing about becoming deaf, losing my hair, getting up three times each night to piss, or becoming forgetful. I can no longer trust a fart. If I don't immediately use one of my rare hardons, it may be days or weeks before another comes rising in my bloomers!

What the hell is with Senior Citizen? How the crap did I miss all my Sophomore Citizen and Junior Citizen years? Oh yeah, now I remember! I got stoned and I missed them, but dammit, I ain't no senior of no kind.

Rocking chair years! Damn, I gave Alice the only rocking chair I ever owned more than 30 years ago. Alice, being you are a senior citizen in your golden years, are you rocking?

Give us a break! It is bad enough having the people whom you love and care for dieing around you with an increasing and alarming frequency. It is bad enough to worry about your forever deteriorating health. These smiling and semi-youthful looking old people you see on the television commercials are at best fakes—and more likely—freaks. They want to sell you another chance at a bit of youth.

Call me a geezer or and old fart; that's okay with me because that is what I am. Call me for my next prostate exam, because I will likely forget it. Don't call me a Senior Citizen or tell me I am in my "Golden Years", unless you want this cane up side of your junior citizen head.

Phooey!

Cynic? Hell yes!

4 comments:

Mark said...

With the drop in price I guess we are on the right track. Maybe I'll go buy a house this weekend.

As for friends and people who have died as of a few years ago more kids from my graduating class had died than had died from my parents graduating class. Very odd.

Nothing wrong with being an old fart. It means you still have your edge.

Anonymous said...

Even if the economy was in excellent shape, the housing situation is like you said; it does need a major overhaul, but not by bailing out the sorry-assed lenders. Look for cheap pre-fab houses to start coming in from China, and to top that, Chinese banks will be offering lower rates to mortgage them.

I think you might find the answer, at least a good part of it, to the death phenomena rate at MacMcDonalds. Also pollution.

My life-knife may still have its edge, but its joints are mighty rusty. :-)

Anonymous said...

I still have the rocking chair and am still rocking away. I am now rocking my step great gandson, who is three months old. I guess that keeps from thinking about being a senior adult or what ever it is that everyone trys to call us.
Maybe you and I will outlive all the rest of the seniors we know.
We seem to be doing that. It sad tho that we have lost so many friends that left us at a lot younger age than us that would be our age now.
Alice

Anonymous said...

Great-grandma Alice!? Holy cow!

I didn't have a clue that you would still have that chair. I'd forgotten about it 'til I was writing this piece. That was way back about '76, I suppose.

A lot of my life I've lost with my friends, and sometimes when I become melancholy for them, I don't live, but merely exist.

Blog Archive