Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pics and pigs

A cuter version of this blog can be found by clicking on this here spot.
----
I am not a big fan of me using filters on my lenses, although I do have several of them. I have missed more good shots by having one on the lens at an inopportune moment than I have made "great" shots with them on. I have the normal protective ultra-violet filters, like everyone should use, on all my lenses. I also have a 52mm polarizer and a 62mm polarizer. I have a 50mm orange filter for shooting black and white when there are clouds in the sky. I have a 62mm .6 neutral density filter which I have never used and probably never will although I meant to when I bought it. Most of the filter effects can be duplicated with software, and I have a lot more control of the results. I also have three tri-pods; one has been with me for 30 years, one I have used twice, and one has never been used. I am a freaking pack rat when it comes to photo gadgets; I suppose it is because I had so few in the old days and had to make a lot of my own stuff.
----
Not much going on in my metropolis; politicians are still politicians and fast food is still fast food and I am sick of both. We have several barbecue restaurants in the area including some franchised "chain" types. Of the four oldest ones, one is famous in the city and another is well known in several states as it is a favorite of NASCAR fans when the big race weekends are in Bristol. I don't like either of those, but the other two are smaller and have been around about as long as I can remember. I like my barbecue a bit on the sweet side and both serve such. The two which I do not like have a more tangy or bitter sauce and are more popular with local diners. I suppose I am just contrary when it comes to food; I rarely eat chicken of any kind, even if it is sweetly barbecued. Chicken and I have a religious "thing" going on. I will tell that story later. How do you like your barbecue?
----
Hooray for little Libby!!!
----
May your Tuesday telenergy be felt by all those you love.
----

No comments:

Blog Archive