Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Happy 37th Wedding Anniversary, John and Milly!!!

This fine blog now on Wordpress.
----
Please click on title.
----
We were supposed to have our first frost of autumn this morning but it didn't happen in the low hills where I live; however the mountains look to be glistening along their peaks. The sky began clearing yesterday in late afternoon but the temps never got out of the low 50s. Snuggle-bunny weather.
----
I spent most of yesterday doing quarterly tax reports for Feds and State agencies, wrote them checks totaling more than $1500, and now I must scratch around to come up with money to cover it. Oh, well, it's all in Carolyn's name and she will be the one to be prosecuted if the checks bounce. Of course I will be persecuted by her if anything goes wrong.
----
The good people of Johnson City, Tennessee are now enjoying the same level of household income that they did in 2004. I am happy to see Obama and the boys doing their jobs. It still mystifies me that Joe Average did not see the truth behind Obama's and McCain's breaking their virtual necks to get to Washington from the campaign trail to vote FOR the Wall Street bailout. Good old Joe A. is just now figuring out that those miscreants were in the back pocket of of Big Finance and Big Business from the get-go.

The good news is that the Great Recession ended last summer, but we Average Joe hillbillies are a bit slow in the cranium and haven't grasped that realization.
----
Wordpress is messing with my mind; I have it set to where a person leaves one comment and I approve it, it will automatically approve all that person's comments from then on. It worked well with Mark's comments and then Jola's and now Tammy's. Now, it is making me approve all of Mark's; ain't no problem for me but it can be disconcerting for the commenter.
----
I just found an inch long (25mm) hair growing on my forehead between my eyebrow and where my hairline used to be. Geezers are strange.
----
I did turn the furnace on last evening for a few minutes; the fireplace is a lost cause as the pilot won't stay lighted.
----
Have a good Wednesday while I do some writative worsification.
----

No comments:

Blog Archive